It’s official. After weeks of speculation, Port Talbot Magnet can finally confirm the details of The Passion Memory event coming to Port Talbot this Easter.
In a statement this afternoon, National Theatre Wales revealed a packed weekend of events, including an appearance by Michael Sheen, a book signing by poet and author Owen Sheers, and an exhibition at the Aberafan shopping centre.
They have also confirmed that the world premiere of the film the Gospel Of Us will take place in screenings across Port Talbot.
Port Talbot MagNet is a partner of the event and is producing the official souvenir programme for the weekend, which will be available at no cost at the Aberafan shopping centre exhibition from April 2-8.
The full events are as follows:
– The exhibition will run from April 2 in the Aberafan shopping centre
– The world premiere of the film, Gospel Of Us, will be screened at the Apollo Cinema on Sunday April 8, introduced by Michael Sheen and the film’s director Dave McKean. Tickets will be available from the box office.
– Michael Sheen will attend a Q&A session hosted by the Royal Television Society at the exhibition at 2.30pm on Easter Sunday. This event will be free.
– Signed copies of Owen Sheers’ limited edition novella The Gospel of Us, published by National Theatre Wales will be on sale at the exhibition.
– Owen Sheers will read extracts from and sign copies of The Gospel of Us, which has been re-published by Seren Books, at the Port Talbot Library, 1st floor, Aberafan Shopping Centre on Saturday 7th April, at 1pm.
– Further screenings of the film Gospel Of Us will take place on Monday April 9, with venues to be confirmed
More information about the weekend and the events will be available over the coming days.